LOCAL NEWS - #TRYANUARY MINI-TOUR OF RAMSGATE 23RD JANUARY 2019 - Added 24/01/19 0803
LOCAL NEWS - AGM - HIGHLIGHTS - Added 21/01/19 0719
AGM on Saturday 19th January was well attended. Elections for the committee took place and delivered the following:-
- CHAIR - Jo Walbank stepped down after two years and Martin Knight was elected unopposed
- VICE CHAIR - Steve Saunders retained this position as well as the Pubs Officer and Editor of Ale of Thanet magazine
- TREASURER - Jez Leming stays on
- SECRETARY - Dennis Brandrick stays on
- MEMBERSHIP - Julian Dungey stays on
- SOCIAL SECRETARY - Danny O Sullivan stays on
- WEBSITE & SOCIAL MEDIA - Nick Gurr stays on in these roles and picks up Press & Publicity Officer from Damien Clark who has stepped down form the committee after many years volunteering
- BRANCH CONTACT - Graham Rickett stays on
- CIDER REP - Jo Walbank continues on the committee and is our first Cider Rep and brings great experience to the role from her time as Cider Co-Ordinator for the Thanet Easter Beer & Cider Festival
- MEMBERS WITHOUT PORTFOLIO - Anthony Walbank, Peter Jaquiss, Geoff Orton, Mike St Clare-Newman & Mark Sharratt
If you would like any more information please CLICK HERE for contact details.
Next meeting will be Wednesday 6th March 8pm in Artillery Arms Ramsgate CLICK HERE for details.
LOCAL NEWS - AGM AGENDA NOW AVAILABLE - Added 15/01/19 0754
Saturday 19th January, midday at Bradstow Mill where a new committee will be formed (with some familiar faces no doubt) and the real ale and cider scene of Thanet will be discussed. All welcome to attend though only CAMRA members affiliated to Thanet branch will be eligible to vote.
Hear about upcoming socials, the latest news on the beer festival (and an opportunity to volunteer...!!), membership numbers and social media/website news.
See you there??
CLICK HERE to see agenda and minutes from last years.
LOCAL NEWS - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR 14TH THANET EASTER BEER & CIDER FESTIVAL MONDAY 15TH THROUGH TO TUESDAY 23RD - Added 09/01/19 0800
Peter, our volunteer co-ordinator, is looking for volunteers for this years Beer Festival to help with set up, the actual event and the take down. If you can spare any time he would love to hear from you.
CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO THE VOLUNTEER PAGE
LOCAL NEWS - SUNDAY SOCIAL - Added 07/01/19 0935
As part of TRYANUARY we yesterday visited Banks Ale and Wine House in Cliftonville (https://whatpub.com/pubs/THA/222/banks-ale-wine-house-cliftonville), Yard of Ale St Peters (https://whatpub.com/pubs/THA/189/yard-of-ale-st-peters) and White Swan Reading Street Broadstairs (https://whatpub.com/pubs/THA/103/white-swan-broadstairs). Thanks for your hospitality one and all.
NATIONAL NEWS - CAMRA APPOINT NEW CHIEF EXECUTIVE & DEPUTY - Added 04/01/19 0945
Tom Stainer and Ken Owst have been appointed to the above roles. For full details CLICK HERE